Forums

Forum Home > General hamster questions > chew toys

frost.dragon

My hamster won't chew on the wooden blocks I gave him!

any tips?

--

~frost.dragon:)

September 22, 2009 at 7:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bean

For my hamsters i have these apple tree sticks. they always chew on them!!:tongue:

--

“I hope to make people realize how totally helpless animals are, how dependent on us, trusting as a child must that we will be kind and take care of their needs... [They] are an obligation put on us, a responsibility we have no right to neglect, nor to violate by cruelty.”- James Herriot  ♪  

September 22, 2009 at 7:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hannah Jones
Site Owner

Or coat the bars with some kind of treat to make it smell appealing... :)

--

Nom...   Check...    The Store! > 

September 23, 2009 at 2:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

samham

My hamster is a butt and won't chew what I give him to chew, but he'll chew everything he's NOT supposed to. :) So I give him harder treats like banana chips as opposed to something soft like raisins.

September 23, 2009 at 1:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hammy & Tammy

My hamsters never chew anything. I posted a topic like that and my replies were that they won't chew stuff if there teeth aren't long enough, but since they chew other things maybe rub yogurt drops n the chew toys so it smells apealling.

--

Hammy & Tammy!!!

Hope my Posts help~

Need more robo info? Click here!

Have Syrians, not roborovskis? No problem! Click here!

My hamsters gave birth to a litter of five on March 27, 2010 :wink:. ill be posting some pictures on my "about me" so be sure to check!  click here

September 23, 2009 at 5:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kyle

My hamsters dont like to chew on things either, exept one, he only chews on plastic, which is on his water bottle and his plastic house... anyways i bought better things for him, safe plastic for him to chew on and i renforced the water bottle and house :). So some hamsters like to chew on things, some like only certain things, and some just dont chew on things!

--

September 23, 2009 at 7:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dukeslady

the apple stick chews are a favourite of my lot, and the hard dog biscuits are liked as well, they take ages to chew them. As i have a "four room hamster house" ( see pic by link on profile page) I have something wooden in each room, either the apple tigs a wooden run through log and one of those wooden nesting cubes, as i reckon if they have the urge to chew and there is only plastic nearby they will chew the plastic, but having something wooden close they go for that, well thats my theory and it seems to work with my lot !,  you could also get from The Range (UK store) something called The Nibbler (under £2), it is a wooden chew about half a carrot size that bolts to any bars of the cage, I am using that for my Syrian and rats too and they love that.

--

Do some research before you buy any pet !

Use the Search Feature on site to get results quickly ! 

Also please follow the sites "one photo per album" rule.

September 25, 2009 at 3:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Emma & Elizabeth

Hi, I give my hamsters a small but safe pincone. If there is a pincone tree in your area ask the owner if you can have one and make sure that it isn't treated. I also like the idea of coating bars with a strong smelling treat.(roborovskihamster) Hope I helped and good luck! :) 

--

Emma + Elizabeth

September 25, 2009 at 2:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.